CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Phew, it's over.

I never knew that I could feel so anxious and scared at the same time. Dilyn had a surgery today, and I had to hand him over for 1 1/2 hours. He was already crying because I couldn't feed him for five hours before the operation. So being hungry and tired he cried for 1/2 hour waiting to be put to sleep. Which translates into me crying too. We had to get there at 6 am and his surgery started at 7:30. Talk about a stress buildup. What surgery you ask, well its called hypo-spadia. Basically he needed some straightening of the urine flow downstairs, if you know what I mean. Everything went well and Dilyn is home sleeping a lot. Other than the medications and the two diaper deal it is not too rough on me. He is slowly getting back to himself. In a few days, he will probably be fine.
I don't think I have ever waited in a state of panic and distress for that long - Yea, it's over.

9 comments:

April said...

5 hours of no food?! Poor guy. We are glad to hear everything went well!

Ellie said...

Poor you guys. I cried when they gave Jason his shots and thats nothing compared to surgery. Go on a shopping spree and life will be better!

Tosha said...

oh jenna i wish you would have told me about it before so we could have been praying for him. thats just so sad. im glad everything went ok.

Melanie said...

Oh man, that's no fun! Poor guy. I'm glad for you guys that it's all over.

Megan Guerrero said...

oooohhh poor little guy!! That is so scary I'm glad he's doing ok...

Megan said...

Oh my goodness--that sounds so scary for you and for him! I'm glad that everything went well and that he is getting better, though :)

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

at least it is over, I'm glad to hear it wasn't to bad. We're still praying that Eric doesn't need surgery I'm not sure I'm as brave as you.

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness I had no idea that he had to do this. CJ had to have this surgery done as well.I totally understand what it was like to hand your infant over and then wait! I cried too. I am glad that it went well. I hope you and him are alble to get some sleep and that he heals quickly!

"Beauty Queen" Brittany said...

Oh my goodness, why did he have to have surgery?! I am so worried, I hope he really is doing better now, that would be so hard to go through!